Dick Debate

Moderator: Welcome to the first informal debate between Richard Dawkins and a civilian (NM.) Each has a short intro starting with you, Richard. 

RD: Let me start by saying that the beautiful complexity of DNA most resembles a beautifully ornate symphony of harmonious elements that bit by bit by bit by bit increase the complexity of the developing organism..

NM: Let me stop you there. A symphony is harmonic, yes, but harmony is not complex. Harmony is a guitar string monochord split 3:2 to form a perfect 5th. A chord on a string is harmonic. It's simple.

RD: Sounds like you've read 'string theory'. My little joke, ha ha. "A string is harmonic"..that's a bit like saying red is not yellow. Come, come, come, let's not belabor the obvious or we'll be here till the cows come home. I'm using a musical analogy for an indescribably complex and real-time process proceeding in all four dimensions. 

NM: But harmony is always simple. 2 or 3 chords sound together with some harmonious relation between them.

RD: I'm sure a guitar string is simple, my friend. As I say it's an analogy. In real-time in four dimensions indescribably complex things are going on. The miracle is harmony is there at all.

NM: OK, if we're talking 3 dimensions that is not music, it's geometry. Sphere, cylinder, cube. Simple shapes that harmonise together.

RD: My friend, there is nothing simple about a morphogenetic symphony. Real-time events that bit by bit by bit by bit..

NM: But harmony is never complex, it's simple  

RD: It's fucking not simple, dolt.

Mod: Please, no swearing.

RD: But this guy IS a dolt. Look at him. His hair, his stupid sneering lips. My hair is beautiful. My smile is engaging. I'm commercial, suave, aristocratic, noble born.

NM: Ah yes, your lineage. You think you're well-bred. 

RD: At least I'm not a cunt.

Mod: Richard!

RD: Sorry. I apologise, but really..

NM: As I was saying, you're well bred. What do you breed with? A cube?

RD: What?!

NM: Your penis is shaped like a cube. I'm looking at it (points).

RD: That's my interf.. (stops short). Moderator! This is madness! Stop this debate instantly!

Mod: Because your penis is not shaped like a cube?

RD: Of course!!?

Mod: But isn't it (points)?

RD: (gasp) What??! (hoarse whisper) 'et tu Bruté?'

Mod: Well, what is it shaped like, then?

RD: (absolutely shrieks) IT'S A FUCKING...

..fade to grey (apologies to Kurt Vonnegut Jr 'Breakfast of Champions')

KISSIN' AND HUGGIN'